I blog about, fashion, design, food, travel and whatever else catches my fancy and for this weekend I thought about shopping. My best friend is graduating and has ordered a dress from her favorite online store, but has back ups if necessary for the big day, but options right? This got me thinking about shopping.
I would like to say that I’m all for technology and options but online shopping is just not for me. I prefer to be able to see the clothes, try it on, feel the fabric and walk around a bit before buying anything. However there is something called online shopping and my friends love love love it. They have more options, more size availability and even a hassle free way to do quick shop and get on with your day without taking the full day.
I’m still convinced that in store shopping is the best way to shop for clothes so I have made a pros and cons list for both.
Why shopping in store is ….Better?
1. As I mentioned earlier, you can try on an outfit, what looks good on other might not on you after all. When you buy that outfit you know that you are getting what looks good on you, and that it fits you perfectly.
2. This is considered the reliable method, despite the booming sales in online stores, a massive 85% of people still prefers to shop in the old brick and mortar stores. That many people can’t possibly be wrong right?
3. The instant gratification. Come on you buy it and you have it, while online shopping is a bit annoying as you have to wait days, sometimes longer if it gets lost, and don’t even mention having to organize where you can pick it up – work, home? Can you pick it up from the mailman if you’re at work at that time? So many uncertainties there for me…. 🤔
4. Have you signed onto a sit for something and get constant spam email. Everyday, every morning and before you sleep. Can I say annoying? With in store there is no such things so hurrah.
5. Now you can’t really drunk shop can you? Specially in store, can you imagine having access to the shops, when you’re drunk and imagine the bill the next morning… 😅
Is online shopping better?
1. You can control how much you’re buying. Impulse control girl!! That way you know to stay within your budget.. at least that what they say. I don’t know how…I feel like he more sales you see the more likely you’ll buy…maybe that’s just me…meh.
2. Convenience. You can do this anywhere, anytime. No hassle, no nothing. You can buy that dress from home in your pjs while eating ice cream if necessary. Or at work in your coffee break because you need a treat right now. You don’t have to spend the whole day shopping for that one item.
3. Remember that loud crying kid, and the overwhelming crowd rushing into the store for sales? Yeah me too.. but here with online shopping you don’t have to be squeezed in a crowded place, at the back of a long snake of a line whether it’s at the queue, or the changing rooms.
4. The variety you get is so much better! You practically have the whole world as your shopping center here…
Even after the long list I still haven’t made up my mind yet. I guess it’s all about moderation right? I might still prefer in store shopping though for more obscure ones, or books (safe option) I would go for the online stores.
Which do you prefer?