I realise that I have not posted in April so to make up for it cake! Cake for everyone! Sweets are the bandaid to our soul…(づ｡◕‿‿◕｡)づ
So this is a simple delicious cheesecake – that is no bake, simple and the easiest! Just make sure to do it the day before, so you can leave it to set over night in the fridge. Now back to business.
For the base of the cheesecake:
150gm of digestive/shortbread biscuits
42.6gm of butter (melted)
43.75gm of sugar
Now here is where you can play around:
200gm of cream cheese
62.5gm of caster sugar
1/2 lemon juice
120 ml of double cream (whipped)
Depending on how indulgent you want you can add another 200gm of cream cheese and mix it with – passion fruit/melted chocolate/Nutella! etc
- Crush and mix the base part. i.e: Biscuits, butter & sugar, into fine crumbs. Press the mixture into the bottom of the tin and leave it in the fridge to set.
TIP1! Try and use a loose bottom cake tin, if this is not something you have at hand – use your normal cake tin, just line it with baking paper. After setting it you should be able to easily slide it out from underneath the cheesecake (biscuits base?…)
- Now onto the cheesecake part! Mix the sugar, cream cheese and lemon juice (vanilla extract if you don’t want to use lemon juice) in a clean bowl and beat until smooth. Seriously, until you cant feel the sugar grains (if you don’t want to touch test – until you can’t see it anymore)
- Now you have to whip the cream until it doubles in size in another bowl. Take one third and gently fold into the cream cheese mixture from earlier – the air come from the whipped cream so please remember – be gentle. Take another third and fold in and the final third and fold it in. (if you want to add passion fruit/chocolate/Nutella this is the part you mix it in – just make sure it is do!)
- Now you pour the mixture over the biscuit base and gently tap the tin to fill in any air bubble.
- Leave it in the fridge over night and Voila! Creamy, indulgent cheesecake! Yum..
Eat, Share and Love it with you friends, family and guests…bring some over to work to share, or bring it over to a birthday party! ＼(￣▽￣)/ Share the love..
I would just brink it into my room and eat it over a nice cup of fruit tea with honey…